One girl, telling you her story...

Saturday 6 August 2011

Student goes to hospital with 'belly ache'... and leaves with a baby

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-world/2011/08/06/student-goes-to-hospital-with-belly-ache-and-leaves-with-a-baby-115875-23323129/

I'm going to be on the lookout for weird and wacky news to break up the serious stuff- we've all indulged in a little bit of Weird World in our time. Here is one I found a little interesting- it continually astonishes me when I hear stories of women not knowing they are pregnant and then suddenly giving birth. I mean, come on! Surely you didn't think you were getting that fat that quickly? It also deeply saddens me that these women haven't had the chance to 'experience' pregnancy and bond with their child in their womb- let alone prepare emotionally and financially for an addition to the family. Considering this girl is 17- an extremely young age to become a mother- I can't help but be a little bit speculative and suggest that maybe she put off telling her parents until the last possible moment. You never know! Maybe this is a wake up call that we need to educate our children a little bit more so hopefully in the future they will KNOW when they have something growing inside of them- just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment